Like many of you, projects are always running through my head. About two years ago, we did some work in our builder-basic guest bathroom. We painted, replaced the stripper light fixture (you know, the strip fixtures with the glaring round bulbs), added cabinet hardware, changed the faucets and replaced the large builder mirror with two separate smaller mirrors.
Right now, it's kind of an odd mixture of things, but now that our kids primarily use that bathroom, I want to make it theirs. I've been toying around with some ideas, including a new color scheme. The walls are currently a darker green.
I found this alphabet shower curtain at Target on clearance for $6! It's a fun shade of blue, but it's also got a lot of great colors to pull from it, including bright orange, green, yellow, gray and navy.
Here's my current inspiration for the room. The navy and white fabric is for the stripes I think I want to paint, at least on a portion of one wall.
Have you decorated a shared kids and guest bath lately? I'd love to hear your ideas!
1. It's actually a fabric made by Swavelle/Mill Creek, Indoor/Outdoor Finnigan Indigo from Fabric.com. I'm using it to represent the navy and white wall stripes.
2. Reversible green towels from Crate & Barrel
3. Yellow rug from One Kings Lane
4. Ikea Ekby shelves
5. Circo ABC Fabric Shower Curtain from Target
6. Kids Bath Prints from Paper Llamas on Etsy
7. Delta Providence Oil Rubbed Bronze bathroom hooks